For the admissions process email Principal Ian Strever
Is Housatonic for you?
Has your family relocated to the Northwest Corner of Connecticut due to COVID-19 or for a more balanced life? Whether your family is new to our area with a high school aged student or if you have an 8th-grade student, you are undoubtedly thinking about high school for the upcoming year. Maybe you have done a few tours, maybe you are considering private schools. While you are going through this process, keep in mind a few key things about HVRHS:
- We have led in our approach to distance learning.
- We offer 128 courses, 11 AP/ECE courses.
- Our classes average 15 students.
- We offer 22 Varsity sports.
- We are Nationally ranked Top STEM high school.
- For the Next Gen Science Assessment, our scores are 12% better than the state average.
- We have #1 rankings in the NE Academic Bowl and the Connecticut Geographic Challenge.
- Top 10 ranking for the Envirothon for 5 years.
- Nationally recognized opportunities in Ag Ed.
- National, Regional and State Finalists in Robotics.
- 24,901 international miles were traveled in 2019.
- The Housatonic Musical Theatre Society is run by Broadway professionals.
- New sports facilities and a brand new science wing.
- 80 colleges visited the school in 2019.
- Scholarships $426,000.00+ awarded Spring, 2019.
- Architectural Digest awarded HVRHS “The Most Beautiful Public School in Connecticut”.
The cost to attend this fabulous school? Exactly $0.
“Out of public school grows the greatness of a nation.” – Mark Twain
Housatonic Valley Regional High School
246 Warren Turnpike Road
Falls Village, CT 06031
P: (860) 824-5123
For the current school year, we are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, but are available via email, phone and scheduled ZOOM meetings.